Wednesday, February 8, 2012

visual fodder

These are the first few pictures I took with my new camera. Each of them has something I'm trying to teach myself more about - trying to activate. In this case it's reflections of lights in windows.


Here's the giant white whale in the room: the giant white hand with the giant white device, overhung with strange piano-key lights. Visual economics of what I call "public art," which includes everything that contributes to the aesthetics of public spaces: from building-face ad-banners to graffiti. [the Packaging = the Mask]

Media history through urban landmarks, including corporate logos as visual poetry.

Death of venus: skeleton exhibit, no cameras allowed, reflections on being a figure model, movement and stillness, shivering statues, high heels, growing up, skeleton chandelier, rearranged (dinosaur?) bones, application, dead lines.

Self explanatory. More words, layers of signs, etc.

This picture blows, but it's about where it's taken (from the bridge), plus the sounds that go with it. (The sounds of an upturned bucket as drum refer to the "can we make sense/cents?" question from a mural, and my video-activation of its visual poetry. Mural activation is a continuing series I'd like to do, including research on existing documentation of Chicago murals.)

No comments:

Post a Comment